Friday, February 13, 2015

Inspiration | February 2015




While I’m struggling with an awful cold I caught a few days ago and daydreaming about the day I get my taste back so I can eat my favorite fruits and cupcakes (that's what I'm craving these days), I realized it’s been a while since I shared with you some sources of inspiration. So, here they are. There’s a few of them so make yourself a cup of tea or coffee and sit comfortably.


Movies:
Loved this movie.
This one too.
I look forward to watching this one.

Music:
This.
Listening to a lot of Fiona Apple lately. This is on repeat and can’t wait for this to be released.

TV:
Loved the first season of this series. Now waiting for the second season.
Also, Louie. Nuff said.

Illustrations:
Salvador Dali’s illustrations of Alice in Wonderland and of the zodiac signs.
These food illustrations.

Food photography:
Here.
Here.
And here.
I’m intrigued by cinemagraphs. Here.
And here.

Food:
“Fire and cooking meat is very fragile, tender and feminine”
2015 food trends? Will you be embracing them?
How to eat sushi.
I love a good bakery and pâtisserie and I want to visit each and every one of these. Well, a couple of them I already have. Any others you’d add to the list?
Health food for foodies.
What grandmothers cook around the world.

Girl stuff:
Lisa Eldridge’s make-up tutorials are the best. I love this one in particular.
DIY skincare.
If you’re a fan of the cat-eye.

Words:
I usually don’t like quotes, but this and this are good ones.

Dance:
The A toZ of dance.
This photograph.
This documentary.

Various:
Old loves.
Dutch ingenuity.
I love Paris as much as the next person but I wouldn’t live here. Would you?
This room, full of light.


Have a happy weekend!
The cupcakes I made the other day.


10 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon Magda. Thank you for cinemagraph suggested my teen and I loved it among others.
    Meena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meena. Still not there but hopefully soon. Glad you liked the cinemagraphs. I love them.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this entry, I seriously love your inspiration posts, always lots of treasure to uncover for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, absolutely love your inspiration posts. I actually refer back to them from time to time... when I need inspiration, when I need to remember some beautiful things. Thanks! I look forward to each and every entry. (So far I looked at the three movies and the food photography.) xo, David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David! I'm so glad you find them inspirational as well :)

      Delete
  4. thanks, Magda. I especially enjoyed the Cinemagraphs--my first time to see them. truly wondrous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinemagraphs are the best! I wish I could take them myself :)

      Delete
  5. Magda, thank you for sharing all these wonderful bits of inspiration. We just saw Birdman last night and fully enjoyed it!
    I hope you feel better soon.
    xoxo
    E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin, I do feel better :)
      Birdman was really good and just last night I saw Boyhood. It was excellent!

      Delete