Saturday, October 31, 2015

Instagram moments

The last ten or so days have been incredibly busy with work and personal stuff and as a result I haven’t been able to share many things here; even though I really wanted to. It felt like I didn’t have time to think let alone write anything.

Luckily, I do a better a job when it comes to taking photographs and I do manage to share them on instagram, so I thought why not share them here as well? I think I’ll start doing this from time to time. It’s fun, and those of you who don’t use instagram will get to see what I’ve been up to.

Hope you enjoy them and I promise to be back soon with a recipe.

Oh, and if you see something you like, ask me about it and I promise to post the recipe here on the blog in the future.

By the way, I have updated the recipe index and it is up and running. Hope you find it helpful and easy to use.

Have a great weekend!



“Autumnal shades of brown.”
My favorite things: chestnuts, mushrooms, bread. So many recipes planned ahead with these gorgeous ingredients.




“Holland, I love your flowers.”
This one was shot today. I got a large bouquet for home and now everything seems brighter.




“Coffee, rose petal spoon sweet (Greek preserve) and a new book that arrived today on my doorstep. Can't wait to cook from it!”
I did cook from it. I need to share the recipe soon.




“Homemade fresh tomato sauce is key. #dinner ”
Based on this one.




“Chocolate and coconut.”
Chocolate Lamingtons. I’ve been making them for years and they’re perfection.




“Greek fava (yellow split pea purèe). This, with olives, tinned anchovies and crusty bread. My comfort food. #greekfood #fava #φάβα ”
Find the recipe here.




“One of my colleagues grows cucumbers on a little vegetable plot he rents and today he brought some over to the office to give away. Who can resist fresh (and free) vegetables? So of course I grabbed a couple, and now it's time to make tzatziki. #greekfood #tzatziki #τζατζίκι ”
I've been planning to share with you my recipe for tzatziki for such a long time. One day...




“So dark and rainy today.”
Around The Hague.




“Tonight, sea bream. #τσιπούρες ”
I could live on fish alone.




“When you come home from work, exhausted and hungry, this is the sort of food that can lift your spirits and fill your belly. Not a fancy meal, nor photo for that matter, but delicious and fulfilling. Piping hot thick pasta with minced veal and fresh tomato sauce, aka "makaronia me kima". Will be topped off with a generous grating of Greek Kefalotyri cheese. #greekfood #μακαρόνιαμεκιμά ”




“The best thing to eat on a cold and dark day like today. Greek lentil soup with olives and good bread. #greekfood #φακές #σούπα ”
Find the recipe here.




“Golden potatoes and juicy, crispy-skinned lamb, the Greek way, for Sunday lunch. #greekfood #lamb #αρνίμεπατάτες ”
Find the recipe here.




“Pinks and purples in my salad today.”
You need this salad in your life.




“Flaky, buttery croissant, homemade quince jam and hot cocoa kind of Sunday.”
Find the recipe for hot cocoa here.




“Delicious things on toasted bread to the rescue when I'm famished.”
You need this in your life, too.




P.S. Have you heard??? I’m nominated for three awards at the first ever Greek Food Blog Awards organized by Vima Gourmet magazine. You can vote for me here for Best Cooking Blog, here for Best Sweet Treats and here for Best Food Photography & Styling by clicking the “like” button below the Greek text and next to where it says “Like for Vote” in each category. Thank you very much for your support!!


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos, as always. I know what you mean about being busy... It has been crazy here, too, and I barely got this week's post done, when I am usually several weeks ahead! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's difficult to sustain a food blog huh? It's so much work. Especially if you want to do a good job. And you do a great job David.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Magda - you are so sweet. I just spent some time on your new index page and it is great. Very inspiring, considering how dull mine is! Brava!

      Delete